Site Agent - Roads/Surfacing/Seals(KZN) - Durban
A large Construction company – Surfacing/ Seals/Bitumen operating throughout South Africa is looking for suitably qualified Site Agent a sound knowledge of Surfacing and in particular Seals experience with contractors in an urban environment in KZN.
• BSc/BTech/ND Civil Engineering
• Operational experience in the surfacing environment with a minimum 6 years post qualification exp. and 2 years Surfacing Seals Experience.
• You must be registered with SACPCMP or ECSA.
• Ideally be a professionally registered as a Pr.Eng /Tech. Eng. or similar
• Excellent Computer Literacy – MS Office
As a minimum exposure to the following works is required:
• Chip Seals - all types. Added advantage if worked in an urban environment under heavy traffic.
• Slurry Seals – Rapid Set Micro Surfacing and added advantage – Urban environment
• Pre –Treatment Works – Asphalt Patching, Crack Sealing and all types of ancillary works such as Kerbs, storm water drainage, Line Marking,
• Excellent Customer Relationship building skills
• Good communication skills – written and verbal
• Good Planning & Organising skills
• The ability to show initiative in solving problems
• Willingness to perform above and beyond job requirements in order to achieve Company/Team objectives
• The ability to accept a high level of responsibility/accountability for completing tasks that might place heavy demands on your time and
• The ability to be a positive influence on the team by creating a productive, safe environment
• Flexibility – willingness to relocate, or to spend time away from the home base as dictated by operational requirements
• Project Management
• Site Quality Control
• Site HSE Supervision Experience
• Knowledge of In-situ and In-plant recycling activities, road layer works and earthworks would be and added advantage.
• Operations – production planning, ensuring all resources are available
• Customer Liaison
• Management of staff
• Administration duties relating to the above
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying for the above position, please consider your application unsuccessful, we will however endeavour to search for suitable positions that may be appropriate to your experience and location.