SKOV Technical Manager - Uitenhage
The successful incumbent should be in the possession of a matric certificate, a completed trade test, an NQF 4 or 5 qualification, a minimum of 5 years’ experience post-trade in electrical fault finding and problem-solving and 3 years’ experience in setting up and maintaining SKOV ventilation systems.
• Reduce wastage, optimize efficiencies, implement a routine maintenance schedule and maintain company assets
• Understand and conduct ongoing analysis of synergies between feed level, climatic condition and bird performance levels
• Ensure all installations and electrical work meet legal requirement
• Research new development on equipment, methods and software, and ensure staff are trained on SKOV
• Develop and refine standard operating procedures relating to SKOV
• Maintain high BRC compliance and high standards of housekeeping
• Mitigate risk in areas pertaining to alarm limits, alarm types and back-up alarm systems
• Ensure that all administrative responsibilities are completed, checked and signed off timeously
• Attend health and safety meetings and ensure legal compliance
Critical Competencies and Skills
• Attentive to detail with a systematic, methodical approach
• Valid drivers license with own vehicle
• Excellent planning and organizational skills in a dynamic environment
• Computer literacy
• Must have a passion to succeed
• An employee who energizes those around him/ her
• Driven to achieve results and produce quality products
• Assertive but approachable
• Hands-on approach
As Sovereign Foods is an equal opportunity employer, preference will be given to applicants of designated groups as defined by the Employment Equity Act.
Should you not hear from us within 21 days of your submission, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Appropriately qualified and experienced individuals should submit a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and a copy ID to the HR Team.