Snr Estimator - Civils/Building/Roads - Johannesburg
A large International Construction company operating throughout South Africa and the SADC Region is looking for qualified SNR ESTIMATOR - CIVILS; BUILDING & ROADS with a sound knowledge of Large multi million Civil, Building & Roads with experience in Civils (Concrete structures, Pipelines etc.), Buildings( Hotels, Shopping Centres , Hospitals etc.) & Roads (Highways, Provincial and Township Infrastructure) . You will be required to travel to various parts of the country for Site inspections. You must have a stable track record, you would have worked for recognised companies for 5 years or more, if you have moved around every other year then you will not be considered.
Snr Estimator – Civils; Building & Roads
• Analysis and pricing of tenders for large contracts throughout South Africa,(ideally must have experience in at least 2 of the disciplines) in Civils, Building & Roads. Must have worked with the various types of contracts related to the various disciplines i.e. FIDIC, NEC, JBCC, GCC, COLTO, SANS etc.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Preparation of estimates, getting prices from subcontractors and suppliers, participation at tender finalisations, analysis of contract documentation, leading to successful compliant bidding.
• Prepare major cost estimates, pre-qualifications and pre-bid submissions. Initial appraisal of bid documentation and the risk profile.
• Establishment of bid strategy from bid inception.
• Ensure all bids are subject to proper adjudication.
• Seeking to improve competitiveness by innovative thinking and database compilation.
• All aspects of work procurement including gathering market intelligence, advancement in construction technology and liaison with professionals and clients.
• Partake in risk assessment and methodology forums prior to bid submission.
Skills, Experience & Education:
• Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering/Quantity Surveying/Construction Management.
• Preferably a member of a Professional Institute.
• 10 - 12 years of experience in the Construction Industry, of which the last 6 - 8 years should be in an estimating capacity in a large construction company, preparing estimates for similar projects.
• Knowledge and experience using CCS Estimating software will be an advantage.
• Technically competent in the estimating process.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying for the above position, please consider your application unsuccessful, we will however endeavour to search for suitable positions that may be appropriate to your experience and location.