Snr Manager Media Buying - Bellville
Northern Suburbs, Cape Town
R1.1-1.2 mil pa
Close: 27 September 2019
• Role includes involvement in the overall management of the media value chain, with specific responsibility for the media and digital media strategies (and agencies).
• Will lead in driving a progressive media agenda and effectively optimising our media channel investment.
• Lead and leverage both internal and external partners, in developing media/channel strategies towards driving brand and business growth (traditional & digital).
• Develop and deliver identified KPIs supporting the overall business/marketing/communications plan.
• Embed best practice media planning and buying guidelines.
• Breakthrough innovation in media/channel strategy via execution of big ideas that generate high “talk ability” and engagement.
• Measure the effectiveness of media investment and optimise the brand communication/engagement/conversation based on insights from data analytics.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• One or more of the following qualifications:
o Bachelor of Arts (Media or Communication Management)
o Bachelor of Commerce (Media or Communication Management)
o Diploma in Marketing (Media)
o Diploma in Media Studies
• At least 8 years media buying experience of which 3 years should be at management level - media agency
• Operationally in Digital for 5 years either agency or specialist
• Knowledge of use of media planning tools, administration of inventory buying and invoicing
• Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
• Deep Brand and Consumer understanding
• Excellent media buying skills (traditional and digital)
• Data interpretation leading to insights
• Own transport and in possession of a valid drivers licence.