Snr Quantity Surveyor - Civils (E.Cape) - Port Elizabeth
Snr Quantity Surveyor
Minimum Level of Education:
• BTech or BSC Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Quantity Surveying.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Civil Projects.
• Assist with managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of construction projects ensuring maximum revenue on site. This position
is for a Limited Duration Contract for 18 months.
• Communicate fluently in English.
• Sound knowledge of standard contract documents and specifications. GCC Contract Experience
• SACQSP Candidate/Professional registration would be advantageous.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively use a variety of estimating, scheduling, costing and reporting software tools
Primary duties will include:
• Ensure all revenue on a contract is maximized
• Ensure the contract quantities are measured correctly and accurately.
• Assist with the change management process.
• Forecasting of contract revenue.
• Monitor Cash flow and retention.
• Cost Control – Draw up subcontract / supplier agreements, prepare subcontract payments, Assist with processing of costs on the contracts.
• Reporting – Ensure financial reports required are accurate, ensure payment applications are accurate, Assist in preparation required by the
Employer to facilitate payment, Assist with record keeping on site to ensure contractual entitlements is maintained.
• Mitigate commercial & contractual risks at construction phases - Understand Conditions (including specials) of Contract, Method of
measurement, Payment terms, Bonds & insurances.
• People management - Establish strong relationships with the Employer QS/Eng/RE, Establish & maintain strong relationships with site
operational staff, Develop strong relationships with Head Office Accounting Staff
• Technical Skill and Competence - Demonstrates detailed knowledge and expertise in relation to job; readily absorbs new technical information
and keeps up-to-date in specialist areas
• Commercial Orientation - Knowledgeable about financial and commercial matters; focuses on costs, profits, markets, opportunities and activities
which will bring the largest return.
• Judgement - Makes rational, realistic and sound decisions based on consideration of all the facts and alternatives available.
• Management Control - Establishes clear priorities; schedules activities to ensure optimum use of time and resources; monitors performance
• Problem Analysis - Breaks problems into constituent parts and differentiates key elements from the irrelevant or trivial; makes accurate use of l
logic and draws sound inferences from information available.
• Written Communication Skills - Produces written communications which are clear, fluent, concise, and readily understood by intended
• Information Gathering - Seeks all possible relevant information for problem solving and decision making; consults widely, probes the facts,
analysis issues from different perspectives.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying for the above position, please consider your application unsuccessful, we will however endeavour to search for suitable positions that may be appropriate to your experience and location.