Social Media Strategist - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
Drive online consumer (B2C) engagement via content based and social media to achieve improved online sentiment, target audience engagement and to drive traffic to impact online sales.
• Working closely with the Marketing Manager, plan and implement social media eco –system including owned sites and other online platforms
• Working together with the community managers, tech and sales escalation teams, put in place processes, goals and targets to ensure that sentiment, response and escalation times are met in line with targets.
• Continually review performance and complete weekly and monthly performance reviews, adapting tactics as required
• Proactively, identify social media trends/ trending topics and use these to guide content creation and marketing plans
• Plan and implement monthly content -based campaigns via social media channels and use the Hootsuite tool to plan, approve and implement
• Own and manage the content process including content development
• Manage freelancers and internal contributors to write content required in line with topics
• Working closely with and managing the community managers delivery, ensure that social media and other online platforms are well managed in terms of responses, response times, escalations and that key metrics are achieved
• Look for ways to improve automated responses through tools (bots)
Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant qualification either as a diploma, advanced certificate or degree.
• 4+ years working in consumer brand social media marketing, content generation
• Must have worked on brands with large volumes of inbound messages, active content calendars and range of social media pages.
• recent expertise using Hootsuite Enterprise and Brandwatch tools. Expert user, with the ability to set up notifications and creating reporting
• experience crafting relevant responses, managing content plans and implementing social media campaigns