Special Projects Technician - Port Elizabeth
more than 14 days ago
Overview of Key Activities:
• Identify and monitor progress on Prototype or First Off Tank Containers across all production areas to ensure that all problems are identified and resolved ASAP so that tanks are not excessively delayed in any area or work centre.
• Ensure that tanks in each job do not encounter the same problems.
• Decide on solutions with the relevant personnel and implement such solutions with immediate effect.
• Liaise with the relevant departments including the Drawing Office, Process Engineering (CI), Production Supervision, Sales, Material Control and Purchasing.
• Initiate ECR’s where necessary.
• Attend Pre-Production meetings and arrange Check Point meetings.
• Understanding of the Tank container manufacturing process and refurbs.
• Good interpretation of technical documentation. (Job Specifications, Engineering Drawings and other)
The Essential requirements are as follows:
• Applicant must have passed and be in possess of a Matric Certificate with Math/Math Literacy/Functional Math OR N3 Math.
• Must be a qualified Boilermaker Artisan and have minimum 5 years’ experience post-trade test.
Other requirements are as follows:
• Must be Computer literate. (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Must be able to work well in a team environment.
• Must be prepared to work shifts and/or overtime at short notice.
• Must be prepared to go through an interview and assessment process.
• Previous relevant experience will be highly advantageous.