Store Manager - Johannesburg
more than 14 days ago
Main Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for planning and coordinating the operations of the Store, overseeing the selling of products to customers and ensuring service excellence is achieved.
Education, Experience and competencies required:
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in Furniture Retail environment, 2 of which must be in a Managerial/Supervisory role
• Industrial Relations experience
• Planning, organizational and time management ability
• Good Leadership skills
• Good communication skills
• Good knowledge of Sales Techniques
• Computer literate
• Accuracy and attention to detail
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Take direct responsibility for the profitability of the store by ensuring the set targets are met
• Ensure staff are taught correct sales procedure and have a good knowledge of the product
• Maintain a high level of customer service
• Assist customers and provide information
• Ensure complaints from customers are resolved quickly
• Inform staff of new lines and any changes to the prices
• Manage staff rosters
• Coordinate and conduct stock takes
• Keep and analyze records of sales figures and financial transactions, inclusive of filing
• Implement and oversee security procedures
• Manage staff when necessary
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto).
Please take note that by responding to this application and providing your personal information, you confirm your express and informed consent for Tapestry Home Brands and all its subsidiaries, to process your personal information in order for Tapestry Home Brands to consider your application for this position.
All personal information which you provide to the Company will be used and/or retained only for the purposes for which it was collected, where after it will be permanently destroyed. Your information is only retained if it is required by law or where you have given consent to us to retain such information for an extended period.