Strategy Sales Components Manager - Johannesburg - Johannesburg
more than 14 days ago
Strategy Sales & Components Manager – Johannesburg
Salary: R75 000.00 – R91 000.00 CTC Per Month
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Strategy Specifications Sales and Components Manager. The purpose of the position is to grow and develop specifying opportunities and product management to the sales department. Lead the tactical growth and expansion of specialist sales nationally and develop component execution strategy. This is a permanent position based in Johannesburg, reporting directly into the National Sales Manager.
Salary is R900-1,1Mil CTC Per Annum including benefits.
• Matric; Sales Qualification - Diploma – IMM/B.Com Marketing Degree - Planning on further study essential.
• 6 years comprehensive sales experience at a senior level is compulsory
• Intense experience in the manufacturing, building, construction industries at a leading supplier company
• Experience (direct and teams) with civil/parastatal government tenders and supplier vendors
• Market analysis knowledge and experience
• Strategy formulation
• Computer literacy: SAGE, G-Suite applications
Roles, Skills & Attributes Required
? Requirement to meet deadlines and set goals
? Required to travel as and when required in order to develop, manage, and sustain sales revenue.
? Required to attend company and dealer functions.
? Act as the host at any company event or when entertaining customers at the office, or at any other required venue.
? Be a self-starter and enthusiastic person.
? Communication Skills
? Negotiation Skills
? Ability to function under pressure
? Administration Skills
? Written Communications Skills
? Conceptualizing Skills
? Computer Literate
? Advanced Negotiation Skills on pricing and terms of sale
? Decision Making on National issues and territory strategies
? Organization Skills pertaining to daily effectiveness in geographical area.
? Dealing with Outside vendors.
? Team Building skills amongst sales team members
? Ability to identify product related customer requirements and market needs
Outputs & Accountabilities
Channel Development and Customer Engagement Activities:
• Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business objectives, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity.
• Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business and product portfolio according to an agreed market development strategy.
• Manage, maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer and satisfaction.
• Identification and development of new channel.
• Increasing market share through identification of new niches, new applications for new products in specialization range
• Controlling and growing the developer, main contractor and property owners group of customers and existing client base.
• Manage client education, liaison and resolving escalated queries.
• Determine of exact requirement / need of customers and the successful implementation and management of programs and behavior to match these requirements.
• Work on a calling Cycle basis with priority calling system
• Adhere to all reasonable request from senior manager to generate and stimulate sales and market share
• Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
• Any other duty in order to ensure customer value delivery
• Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed objectives
• Ensuring effective product sourcing on component range to ensure pricing competitiveness in the market
• Working closely with product suppliers, both locally and abroad
• Monitoring of sales performance, by sales region and key account
• Active product portfolio management and improvement
• Sourcing of new products to complement existing ranges and promote business unit innovation
• Close collaboration with local supply chain to monitor stock levels and shipments
Reporting and Communication:
• Complete Sales reports as required monthly and handed in by 3rd of the next month
• Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information. Gather Market research and competitor intelligence to use in the development of optimized component product portfolio
• Providing meaningful input into product development back to industrial team and Components group strategy team
• Analysis of Market and sales trends and regular reporting (As required by Mng).
• Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems.
• Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
• Using computer aided application to implement and keep updated customer profiles on all clients. buying trends, current buying patterns, buying triggers, company structure, contact people, type of business etc and all issues that Management feel need data collection on.
• Compiling Monthly and yearly sales forecasts
• Manage process of responding to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods pipeline system.
• Collection of qualitative product data, i.e. customer needs analysis
• Manage quantitative KPIs such as sales volumes, CM and market share
Marketing and Promotional Activity
• Host contribute and chair Sales and external industry seminars
• Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, e.g., product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and trade shows etc.
• Managing successful promotions and specials in specialist product range to targeted market
• Implement training, development of key accounts
• Draw up features and benefits and competitors comparison sheets as sales tools for specialist sales selling
• Manage training and presentation rollout to customer base and end user
• Manage continued specialist product training and development to customer and end user
• Keep up to date with product specs and features and roll out education program to sales team and specialist customer base.
• Facilitate change through active cross functional collaboration
• Continuously explore new opportunities to enhance sales effectives through systems and reporting
• Contribute to strategy formulation and alignment in specialist division
• Lead through example of company values, cultural objectives, fostering an environment of inclusivity & diversity
• Lead execution of tactical plan of Specialist Division
• Identify and lead exploration in property owners channel
Major results and/or performance levels expected out of the job
• Achieve set objectives for sales periods
• Maintain constant contact with major decision makers in specialist channel
• Initiate and follow through with promotional activities
• Obtain new product listings
• Protect Brand equity
• Communicate activity and findings with relevant stakeholders
• Component growth strategy and execution
• Successful margin protection
• Key contact with main players in property market
• Broaden component reach and frequency
Indicators for measuring the effectiveness of the job holder
• Level of KPI achievement
• Competency assessment
• Feedback from leadership team
• Personal Objectives
• Key sales indicators
• Pipeline fill rate and hit rate
• Improved process efficiency
• Channel growth
Main contacts for this job
? National Sales Manager - South Africa
? South African Commercial Team
? Various customers and suppliers
? Finance and HR teams
? Target Driven
? Channel Development and Customer Engagement Activities
? Reporting and Communication
? Marketing and Promotional Activity
? Continuous Improvement
? Team Player, Strong work ethics
? Accuracy, Attention to detail
? Organized, Proactive
? Flexible, Excellent Communication Skills
? Effectiveness, Timely
? Reliable, Ethical
? Planning Abilities, Responsible
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.