Tactical Response Officer - Midrand
more than 14 days ago
29-06-2022 2:11:37 PM
Tactical Response Officer (JB1806)
R12 000.00 plus overtime
Benefits: Medical aid, Provident Fund, Group Life Cover
Provide visible patrolling on sites, immediate armed reaction and escorting, incident management, close protection and operational support for critical services that support the operations of the company and to ensure that all matters are addressed in a prompt, efficient, and professional manner.
• Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent (NQF level 4).
• PSIRA Registered (Minimum Grade D).
• Firearm competency.
• Exceptional telephone etiquette and communication skills.
• One (1) to three (3) years Armed Response experience
• Must be willing to travel and be away from home for long periods of time.
• It is a specific requirement of this position that you need to operate in the field under sometimes strenuous physical circumstances; it is therefore a requirement that you must be fit and healthy.
• It is required that the candidate have their own accommodation close to the office and must be willing to travel to and from the office on their own account.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Tactical Armed Escorting:
• Escort high value cargo as well as individuals during transit via established routes to destination by driving behind and or in front of it as per SOP.
• Responsible for the protection of high-value cargo as well as individuals in transit.
• Proactively decrease the risk of any hi-jacking by screening the area and looking for potential threats.
• Operate escorting vehicle according to traffic rules and South African laws.
• Anticipate possible threats while in transit.
• Monitor the situation and activate Standard Operating Procedure
• When confronted with a threat situation, the employee must respond in line with the Standard Operating Procedures and all governing laws, always prioritizing the lives of the individuals involved.
• React to threats without posing a risk to the public.
• Follow the company policies and procedures when reporting incidents.
• React immediately to all relevant alarms of Combined Private Investigations or its clients.
• If the alarm is positive, assess the situation and keep the Control Room and fellow colleagues/tactical teams and senior personnel informed at all times of any new activity.
• Perform arrests on any intruders or other offenders, they are to be kept in your custody.
• Liaise with the SAPS, management, and other relevant parties to ensure that the suspects are handed over to the SAPS in a lawful manner.
• Ensure that the response times are according to the stipulated SOP’s.
• React immediately to situations where any member of the public’s life is in danger.
• Ensure the safety of all members (this includes the public) by checking premises thoroughly.
• Take detailed notes of all activity at the crime scene, take photos, and conduct a full investigation on the scene.
• Report back to the Control Room regarding the request for response.
• Conduct client reconnaissance as and when required.
• Execute waylay operations as and when required.
• Record all incidents to the control room and senior personnel with full details as prescribed in the Standard Operating Procedure as well as to the NOC.
• Do a proper hand over at the end of each shift.
• Ensure that the firearm and vehicle is handed over according to company policies and procedures.
• Inform the relevant parties of any discrepancies; follow up actions taken and the progress thereof
• Do regular site inspections (Daily) and ensure to cover all the vulnerable areas.
• Ensure visibility at standoff points and during area patrols.
• Conduct continuous patrols during the duration of the shift, patrols must be done effectively to ensure a visible security service to curb crime.
• Ensure that suspicious activity is reported to control room and NOC at all times.
• Investigate or respond to unusual or suspicious circumstances (this may include taking photos of the site).
• Assist to prevent theft, arson, sabotage, vandalism and crime in general in the area.
• Inform the Control Room about any defects or defaults to any site or area
• Develop and foster an interactive relationship with internal and external crime affiliated third parties, law enforcement agencies and clients to combat and minimize criminal activities.
• Formulate relevant preventative measures to minimize crime related risks.
• Do extensive and proactive research into the core reasons for relevant criminal activities.
• Make recommendations to fight criminal activities.
• Evaluate the protection status on hot spot areas and report it to the NOC with recommendations on how to fight these criminal activities
• Liaise with clients, management, and colleagues to ensure smooth running of all operations.
• Ensure that client complaints and requests are handled efficiently.
• Ensure that the company vehicle is neat and tidy at all times and up to date with its service plan.
• Ensure that clients are treated with the utmost sense of respect and dignity, maintain the professional image of the company at all times