Technical Assistant - Pietermaritzburg
Simplex ICT specialises in simplified network solutions. We are small, vibrant company committed to providing great customer service. We provide solutions for networking, Fibre to the home, IT hardware and IP telephony and require a technical assistant to join the family. We are looking for someone interested in building a long-term career with us, and provide much training and growth opportunities.
• Responsible for specialized tools, vehicles and equipment and ensure such items are well-maintained, cleaned, sanitised as required, etc.
• Work in close conjunction with various departments within the company to ensure efficiency and productivity.
• Liaise with prospective clients.
• Digging, trenching, paving, etc as required for the installation.
• Assist the technician with network infrastructure installation and maintenance.
• Assist the technician with fibre optic infrastructure installation and maintenance.
• Assist the technicians with wireless Infrastructure installation and support.
• Assist with telecommunications infrastructure installation and support.
• Assist with Voice system installation and support.
• Attend a Daily Toolbox Talk, ensuring all relevant documents are signed after each meeting.
• Attend site installations timeously, and ensure all relevant deadlines are met.
• Some experience with Fibre installations, maintenance, network installations, maintenance would be advantageous.
• Extensive and prolonged travel is a requirement for this role, within Kwazulu Natal and nationally.
• Be presentable, you will be seeing clients at installations and as such represent the company.
• We need you to be someone who has excellent communication skills and enjoys working with people - we are nice people and are looking for similarly nice people to work with.
• Be confident, hard-working and enjoy a fast-paced environment (the day flies by here)
• Have a valid driver’s license and own transport
• Live in Pietermaritzburg area