Technical Sales Representative - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Technical Sales Representative to join our team in Edgemead, Cape Town.
The person in this role will be responsible for growing the SA Power customer base in Western Cape while achieving steep sales targets. Furthermore, actively source and find new sales opportunities, build pipeline and most importantly, close deals.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Represent SA Power and sell the company’s products and/or services to customers.
- Contribute to the region’s sales performance in order to meet sales targets.
- Establish a professional relationship with customers by acting as the interface between the service team and the client.
- Service existing accounts, establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers.
- Making cold calls to new and existing accounts to explore business opportunities.
- Follow up calls to customers who have shown interest during initial contact.
- Drive new sales opportunities through promotional or new product upsell/cross sell/service calls.
- Post-sale call and follow ups, logging all activity and demos with customers.
- Provide proactive feedback gathered from customer engagements regarding suggested changes or improvements to any stakeholders in the business.
- Interdepartmental communication and collaboration to provide exemplary service to customers.
- Conducting technical presentations to customers or demonstrations as requested.
- Manage and interpret customer requirements by speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs.
- Explain products and services to existing/potential customers and assists in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Maintain technical product knowledge through ongoing self and shared learning with the Product team.
- Analyzing sales trends and competitor information and tailoring unique sales and customer support approach to ensure efficacy of sales call.
- Maintaining records of customer communications and contact information as required.
- Prepare sales quotations, ensure invoicing is done and payments are followed up on.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12
- Qualification at NQF Level 5/6
- Tertiary qualification preferably in Sales Management or Marketing Management
- 3-5 years’ experience in a customer focused environment, technical sales in particular
- Proven track record in technical sales
- Technical background preferably from the industrial automation industry
- Good computer literacy skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to speak English and Afrikaans
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
To apply, candidates are required to submit a comprehensive CV and proof of Qualifications.