Technical Service Manager - Johannesburg
Job Grade: D_Lower
Reports to: Divisional Managers: The Scientific Group
Main Job Objectives
To develop and manage the TSG Technical Service Division within the SADC Countries.
To set, implement and manage strategies that meet both internal and external customer demands.
To deliver short and long term growth and profitability to the Export Technical Service Division.
• Recognized and completed qualification in either the Sciences or Engineering disciplines.
• A Management or Business qualification will be advantageous.
• 5 years of Technical service experience within the IVD market.
• Minimum of 3 years Technical Service Management experience.
• Excellent working knowledge of CRM software
Key Job Outputs
Business Unit Managing:
1. Implementation & execution of strategy in line with company portfolio to maximize revenue potential, inclusive of preventative maintenace contracts for the existing and future database.
2. Set, implement and manage strategies that meet both internal and external customer demands
3. Deliver short- and long-term growth and profitability to the Technical Service Division
4. Manage a team of Service Supervisors, Field Service Engineers and Application Specialists
5. Continuously monitor and implement sales performance measures inclusive of the installed customer database's systems.
6. Project manage new projects through close collaboration with Sales team(s)
7. Develop and manage strategic plans for all regions in consultation with relevant Divisional Managers
8. Planning and execution of all new product and/or industry introductions
9. Management of resources and Performance management of staff
10. Pre-planned services and diaries to be kept up to date for increased efficiency
11. Management of job card completion
12. Clear communication of strategy to the Technical Service Team
13. Close collaboration with the Sales departments
14. Identify new opportunities and work with management team to implement and execute
15. Long term strategy built through in-depth understanding of market conditions and trends
16. Management of the commercial activities/expenses of the Technical Service division
17. Audit the Technical service processes to ensure compliance with ISO 13485 Customer and Supplier Management:
1. Sound and constructive relationships with all stakeholders
2. Interact with KOLs, major buying groups and other professionals in the trade to forge strong relationships
3. Conduct Customer Satisfaction surveys to assess customer perception on a quarterly basis
4. Ensure team adhere to the maximum repair times as per relevant SLA
5. Customers to be kept informed on upcoming services and the progress of repairs and services
6. Continuously evaluate the technical support process that TSG is providing to ensure customer satisfaction Financial Analysis and Reporting:
1. Monthly Analysis of Sales performance per region and customer to identify growth potential and possible losses
2. Provide reliable and accurate sales reports and forecasts as required
3. Ensure customer growth plans are continuously updated and communicated with Divisional Managers
4. Continuous review of procedures to ensure optimal efficiency of the Technical Service Department
5. Responsible for providing Technical Service pricing, data and specifications for all tenders/contracts
6. Tracking and reporting of profitability of all customer service contracts
7. Data presentation to management and using this information to plan strategic objectives
8. Perform environmental and scenario analysis and keep management informed about business activities, potential threats, opportunities and recommended actions
9. Conduct continuous gap analyses to identify possible opportunities, align strategic objectives and implement
10. Assess market data for category situation and determine user needs and review international market trends for local applications
1. Ensure the required spare part stock is available
2. Manage preventative maintenance process to ensure the required stock is on hand at correct time
3. Maximum of 2 months’ worth of stock based on usage history
4. Manage the stock ordering process
5. Effective interaction with Operations to monitor inventory levels and cost of goods
1. Ensure correct staffing in accordance with company policies together with relevant Divisional Manager
2. Monitor & maintain team’s wellbeing
3. Promote cross-divisional communication, strategy, and tactical planning to maximize revenue generation
4. Plan and coordinate training of Technical Service staff both locally and internationally
• Innovation: The capacity to search for and initiate novel and inventive ideas, methods and approaches;
• Planning & Organising: Capacity to break down task into subtasks or sub-goals, to anticipate obstacles and evaluate alternatives, recognise gaps to be addressed;
• Networking / liaison: capacity to develop a wide network of business contacts and use influential people as agents to accomplish one’s own objectives;
• Integrity: ability to reflect acceptable levels of moral values and business ethics;
• Customer service orientation: willingness to anticipate, recognise and meet the needs of internal and external customers;
• Drive: a Self-starter and originator, maintains high levels of activity and produces a high level, high quality output;
• Attention to detail: with a specific focus on numeracy and figure accuracy
• Modelling: capacity to actively influence the commitment and loyalty of team members through personal action and endeavour
• Communication: capacity to communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders so as to share knowledge and build relationships
Should you not have received a response from HR within 14 days of your submission, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.