Technical Service Manager - Johannesburg
Job Grade: D_Lower
Reports to: Divisional Managers: The Scientific Group
Main Job Objectives
To develop and manage the Technical Service Division for South Africa.
To set, implement and manage strategies that meet both internal and external customer demands.
To deliver short and long term growth and profitability to the South African Technical Service Division.
Recognized and completed qualification in either the Sciences or Engineering disciplines.
• A Management or Business qualification will be advantageous.
• 5 years of Technical service experience within the IVD market.
• Minimum of 3 years Technical Service Management experience.
• Excellent working knowledge of CRM software
Key Job Outputs
• Strategic Growth Plan
- Ensure Customer Growth Plans are completed in agreed time frames and are continuously updated.
- Monitor and implement sales performance measures.
- Develop and execute project plans in conjunction with directives from the TSG Divisional Managers
• Customer Satisfaction
- Conducts customer satisfaction surveys to assess customer perception on a periodic basis
- Continuously evaluate the technical support process that TSG is providing as to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Managing the instrument install base
- Managing service contracts
• Top Line Sales – Turnover
- Work towards meeting overall profitability guidelines as required by the TSG Technical Servicedivision of the business
- Budget to reflect and align with the subsidiary growth plan accurately
- Manage costs to be in line with agreed targets and objectives.
- Provide reliable and accurate sales/cost forecasts for the RSA TS division.
- Successful control and modification of operation expenditure.
- Continuous review of procedures to ensure optimal efficiency of processes
• Divisional – Growth
- Manage the team of South African FSE’s to ensure Customer and Service contracts are profitable
- Grow through an increase in service contracts and retention of customers
- Ensure labour and travel time allocations of RSA Technicians are in line with agreed target
- Satisfied Customers: Quantity, quality or turnaround time
- Ensure the RSA Technical Service Team adhere to the 24- hour maximum repair time on any customer call-out with the exception of when spares are required.
- Customers to be kept informed by yourself at all times as to the progress of repairs and service of their equipment
- In the case of contracts, preventative maintenance services are to be scheduled twice yearly, and carried out.
- 2 days maximum for in-house jobs not requiring spares.
- All jobs to be labelled with job labels indicating the following detail: technician responsible, date the job entered the workshop, Customer name and Call-Centre number and work progress.
- Ensure that upgrades are updated and that communication regarding updates is distributed
- Reduce call backs, improve trip planning
- Develop and maintain a competent technical service team on all instrument ranges, to ensure that they are able to meet the requirements and scope of responsibilities of the business at all times.
- Plan and coordinate training attendance of FSE’s both locally and internationally, to ensure that they are skilled and certified on all required instrumentation.
- The planning, presentation and evaluation of customer training presented by the Technical team on a monthly basis
- The planning, presentation and evaluation of in-house training sessions for technical staff, on a monthly basis
- Ensure efficient and optimal use of all systems by both staff and customers
• Quality Processes
- Manage the implantation and adherence of the RSA Technical team to the relevant SOP’s
- Audit the SOP service processes to ensure compliance with ISO13485
- Work closely with the Sales Department to ensure serviceability of equipment in all areas
- Project manage the installation of new equipment within South Africa
- Develop and manage service plans for all regions within South Africa
- Conduct Service process audits and provide written reports to the Divisional Managers for inclusion in the management review.
• Sound Relationships (with Principals, customers, peer, staff).
- Successful interaction between Sales, HR, and other Regional Sales Managers / Cross-functional teams.
- Successful interaction between the Regional Service Managers and the South African Technical Service Manager.
- Effective interaction with Principals and Customers.
- Effective interaction with Operations in order to monitor inventory levels and cost of goods.
• Stock Management
- Ensure that the required spare part stock is always available as required while at the same time maintain minimal spare part inventory on hand
- Manage the stock ordering process for the South African Technical Service Division
- Managing the preventative maintenance process timeously to ensure that the required stock is on hand to satisfy this process
- Pre-planned services and diaries to be kept up to date in advance for better planning and efficiencies
• Human Resources Management
- Manages team of Technical staff to ensure optimal productivity
- Ensure optimal head count levels are maintained in all regions
- Cultivate and encourage good team work and good working relationships
- Provide feedback and instruction to Technical team at all times
- Recruitment of new staff as and when required.
- Performance management of staff in conjunction with HR as and when required
- Preparation of well detailed and accurate reports for management on a monthly basis
- Analysis of data and reports so as to be able to make informed decisions to the benefit of the division
- Attend and schedule customer satisfaction meetings as required
- Management of job card completion to ensure that they are completed accurately and submitted timeously after job completion
• Innovation: The capacity to search for and initiate novel and inventive ideas, methods and approaches;
• Planning & Organising: Capacity to break down task into subtasks or sub-goals, to anticipate obstacles and evaluate alternatives, recognise gaps to be addressed;
• Networking / liaison: capacity to develop a wide network of business contacts and use influential people as agents to accomplish one’s own objectives;
• Integrity: ability to reflect acceptable levels of moral values and business ethics;
• Customer service orientation: willingness to anticipate, recognise and meet the needs of internal and external customers;
• Drive: a Self-starter and originator, maintains high levels of activity and produces a high level, high quality output;
• Attention to detail: with a specific focus on numeracy and figure accuracy
• Modelling: capacity to actively influence the commitment and loyalty of team members through personal action and endeavour
• Communication: capacity to communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders so as to share knowledge and build relationships
Should you not have received a response from HR within 14 days of your submission, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.