Technical Support and Planner - Pretoria
more than 14 days ago
04-01-2022 12:08:52 PM
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and skilled candidates for this position within the Commercial Division, based at the Hartbeespoort operations. The successful incumbent will report directly to Engineering Manager. The Maintenance Planner position is responsible for assisting with the development and upkeep of the reliability-based maintenance strategy, based on preventive and predictive maintenance, working directly with the Engineering team to build a reliable CMMS system and maintenance team. The ideal candidate must be in possession of a Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Degree and 5-8 years’ experience in managing a large-scale maintenance operation in a FMCG environment. The position holds a TASK Grade T14.
• Establish, maintain and improve the Maintenance Planning and Scheduling process.
• Responsible for up-keep and accuracy of equipment maintenance history and job records database
• Continually improving planning, scheduling, purchasing, stores, data management and job reporting systems to increase planning effectiveness and efficiency
• Implement strategies to eliminate wastage.
• 100% compliance to the Health & Safety permit system
• Assist the Engineering Team control through proper guidance, supervision, inspection, performance management and discipline.
• Assist with training, coaching, upgrading and general development of subordinates.
Critical Competencies and Skills:
• Strong Leadership skills
• High degree of computer literacy
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
• Sound technical background
• Ability to manage and motivate a large team
• Good planning and organizing skills
• Flexibility and adaptability with regards to relocation.