Technical Support Specialist - Sandton
more than 14 days ago
Job Title Technical Support Analyst
Portfolio reporting, fact sheets preparation and distribution, portfolio implementation, portfolio data sourcing and capturing, portfolio performance measurement and attribution, portfolio performance monitoring, portfolio asset allocation analysis and monitoring, operational support. Maintenance of investments team decision making tools. Providing support to the Investment Team.
Position in the organisation Reports to:
1st Level: Chief Investment Officer
2nd Level: Managing Director
Responsibilities: Administrative Duties:
• Updating and maintaining asset allocation spreadsheets and client portfolio performance spreadsheets.
• Assisting the Investments Team with Monthly and Quarterly client investment reporting.
• Utilising Investments systems for research and reporting – Bloomberg, IRESS, MorningStar, MoneyMate, etc.
• Distributing asset allocation and other information to selected clients – both internal and external.
• Assisting Investments Team with preparing and submitting trade instructions to BCI and LISPS as and when required.
• Maintaining and monitoring a log of Wrap Fund instructions submitted by the Investments Team for successful implementation
• Monitoring implementation by the LISPS by interacting with the LISPS and reporting weekly to Investment Team on status of instructions submitted.
• Preparation and distribution of Fact Sheets and MPIDs.
• Due Diligence submissions to Trustees (in respect of new funds to be utilized where trustee DD requirements exist).
• Submitting requests for new fund accounts to be opened.
• Sourcing Wrap Fund/ Model Portfolio data from the various LISPS and aggregating the information for various uses by CIO, MD, Sales Team, Business Development Team and Marketing Team.
• Maintaining a spreadsheet of BIP’s total AUM exposure to underlying investment managers across CIS FoF’s and Wrap Funds.
• General data and analytics support to internal investment meetings – maintaining a wide array of investment decision making tools used by the Investments Team.
• Developing positive and effective relationships with asset managers, LISP contacts and key industry players.
• Portfolio analysis and reporting
• Setting up and maintaining a broad array of spreadsheets, investment feedback reports and presentations which support the investment- decision-making-function.
Client Support Roles:
• Preparation of and continual development of client monthly and quarterly reports.
• Assisting with preparation of client presentations, client investment and non-investment queries within the boundaries of specified investment mandates.
• Providing ad-hoc client support, within the boundaries of specified investment mandates.
• Assisting with investment decision making support functions
• Supporting the CIO and Senior Portfolio Managers in the day-to-day operational activities that support the investment decision making framework and client portfolio management and reporting.
• Supporting the Managing Director with management information relating to clients, performance and assets under management/ consulting.
• Supporting the Investments and Sales/ Business development team as required.
• Building, improving and maintaining of presentations and marketing brochures
• General administrative support
• Ad-hoc research support
Job Evaluation Criteria Education:
• B. Com, B. Bus Science, B. Sc or similar qualification.
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in a multi management or financial services related administration environment
• Strong modelling experience and extensive experience working with spreadsheets that manipulate large volumes of data
• Automation of data imports into spreadsheets and automation of data
analysis once imported into spreadsheets.
• Previous data mining and data analysis experience would be advantageous
• Understanding of financial and especially CIS and LISP industry
• Understanding of investment portfolio administration
• Regulatory knowledge of CIS, LISP and Retirement industries an advantage
• Systems knowledge an added advantage – Bloomberg, FactSet, Morningstar Direct, I-Net/ IRESS, Thomspon Reuters, etc
Competence / Skills / Role Attributes: • Advanced MS. Power point, MS. Excel and MS. Word skills.
• Computer programming an added advantage.
• Financial modelling skills advantageous
• Professional writing course an added advantage.
• Keen interest in incorporating technology into day-to-day administrative roles and process
• Strong attention to detail
• Client centric mindset
• Willingness and commitment to work long hours
• Mature and positive attitude
• Self-starter and self-motivated
• Problem solving skills.
• Analytical skills
• Strong understanding of importance of deadlines.
• Ability to prioritise between multiple tasks
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted