AUTOMATION AND CONTROL - FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
A leading irrigation technology company specializing in irrigation and water system automation and control seeks the services of a young, enthusiastic, self motivated field service technician to service the Nothern regions of South Africa. The successful candidate will operate from the company’s Nelspruit based offices and report to the senior technical manager.
• Matric (Grade 12)
• Candidates having any of the following qualifications may apply – An electrical trade qualification (N2/N3), megatronics diploma or degree, electronics diploma or degree.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
COMPUTER LITERACY -
• Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook
JOB DUTIES -
• Conduct on site visits to clients to carry out fault finding and servicing of existing automation and control products and systems as supplied by the company.
• Conduct on site visits to clients to carry out the installation, setup, testing and commissioning of new automation and control products and systems on behalf of the company.
• Conduct on site visits to clients to carry out the installation, setup, testing and commissioning of pump motor control panels and systems on behalf of the company.
• Administer your time usage and the movement of stock in your possession making sure these are accurately accounted for booked out to client/s.
• Provide client training on newly installed and existing control and automation systems offered by the company.
• Be willing and available to assist clients telephonically at stipulated times.
• At all times be medically fit to perform duties.
• Be willing to travel extensively within the region and work beyond normal operating hours when required to do so.
• Render technical assistance and advice in the production and assembly of control panels.
• Be willing to perform other duties within the companies over and above those stated above.
WORK EXPERIENCE -
• Technical background with 2 years experience as a Field Service Technician or Electrical Technician in a similar field.
• Experience in AC Variable Speed Drives and Soft Starters (motor controls), Programmable Logic relays, Instruments and Hydraulic Valves and Hydraulic Controls will be advantageous
• Responsible, accountable and have the ability to work independently under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, confident and assertive.
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of employees
• Team player, flexibility and be able to adapt to change.
• Strong relationship builder, customer service orientated