Theatre Registered Nurse - Port Elizabeth
more than 14 days ago
15-10-2021 7:50:42 AM
Our client in the Private Hospital sector is seeking to employ Theatre TRAINED OR EXPERIENCED Registered Nurses to join their fantastic team in Port Elizabeth.
- Serve as a clinical resource in assisting personnel to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in the unit.
- Ensure communication and interaction with family and health professionals regarding optimal patient care, thereby acting as a patient advocate
- Ensure communication between nursing management and unit to eliminate patient care problems / issues.
- Assess, plan and implement advanced nursing care in a specialized field in accordance with standard nursing care procedures, as set out in the
standards and procedures of MPH, as well as nursing care theory and medical direction.
- Initiate, direct and maintain emergency treatment (RESUS) as indicated to any patient / person in any ward / department of the hospital. To
diagnose and treat the emergency patient quickly, effectively and efficiently as possible within the Scope of Practice
- Registered as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council
- 2 -3 Years of Theatre Scrubbing Experience essential
- Diploma in Theatre and Operating Room Techniques advantageous
- Thorough knowledge of general / specialized nursing theory and practice
- Extensive knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practices in the highly specialized field of the intensive care nursing