Training Officer - Sasolburg
8 days ago
FITTER – Wagon/Rail
Our client, a Blue chip World Class company based in Sasolburg has an exciting position available for a person with the following:
• Performing inspections and maintenance on rail wagons’ bogies, wheels, chassis, airbrake, vacuum-brake systems, draw gear, couplers, and barrels.
• Will be responsible for the compilation of inspection and testing documentation while ensuring completion of inspection and maintenance activities records.
• Matric (Maths and Science)
• N2 or N3 Engineering
• Red Seal - Fitter (Specializing with Wagons)
• 2-5 Years’ Experience in a Maintenance Environment as an Artisan
• Proven, extensive, Rail-wagon maintenance experience
• Experience in statutory inspection activities of rail wagon pressure vessels advantageous
• Perform inspections of rail wagons bogeys, wheels, chassis, airbrake, and vacuum-brake systems, draw gear, couplers, and barrels to Rail Safety Regulations, compiling inspection and testing documentation, ensuring completeness of inspection & maintenance activities records.
• Installing & testing vacuum cylinders. Repair, install and certify air brake systems.
• Overhauling right-angle valves.
• Work with high pressure equipment to perform pressure tests on barrels.
• Accurately document measurements & observations from inspections & testing.
• Coordinate calibration of all test equipment and fixtures.
• Participate in the construction and/or revision of SOPs for the wagon inspections.
• Assist with the writing and updating of inspection procedures, protocol, and checklist.
• Evaluate problems, initiate recommendations for possible corrective action to supervisor.
• Perform repairs and replacements on rail wagons major components, including wheel change-outs.
• In service maintenance of wagons, i.e., changing out brake blocks and brake tests.
• General maintenance of running trains. May required travel across the country to wagon/train location.
• Inspection, testing and maintenance of Workshop equipment.
• Mechanical aptitude & Problem-Solving ability.
• Computer Skills.
• Detail Conscious and High level of Accuracy.
• Administration skills.
• Communication skills (Written & Verbal).
• Interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of measurement instruments.