Tyre Supervisor - Pretoria
more than 14 days ago
22-10-2021 8:57:12 AM
Our Blue Chip client is looking to employ an experienced Tyre Supervisor to manage their Pretoria branch.
Someone who has supervised a tyre maintenance department, with tyre fitting, servicing, scrapping experience, etc.
Ideally, it should be someone who have worked in a workshop or factory environment.
The salary is around R15 000pm to around R22 000pm, depending on their experience and current salary.
Benefits include provident, medical aid.
• Grade 12/ Matric or equivalent academic qualification
• The candidate should ideally have managed a retreading factory with at least 4 to 6 years’ experience.
• Brake Shoe refurbishment experience will be an advantage.
• Experience in Tyre Plant Equipment maintenance and repairs is essential.
• Responsible for supervising the Tyre Retreading Plant; Brake Reline Plant and the Upholstery Section.
• Adhere to production budget, minimise material shrinkage, stock control and maintain quality/ safety in the work place.
• Control logistics related to collection and delivery of goods
• Compile daily production reports
• Maintenance of machinery
• Liaison with suppliers
• Ensure housekeeping is kept at acceptable levels
• Quality inspections
• Conduct regular tool inspections
• Factory working conditions.
• 45 hour working week
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS ATTITUDE/CAPABILITIES
- Business Planning Systems.
- Quality & Environmental Management systems; manufacturing systems;
- Performance Management system;
- Implementation of “Green Area” / Self Directed Work Teams;
- Relevant Legislations; and Motor Industry Agreements.
- PC literate
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Diagnostic Ability
- Good Verbal / Written
- Good leadership skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Time management skills
- Fault finding skills
- Good work ethics
- Quality orientated
- Hands-on approach
- Self-motivating and independent
- Service orientated
- Deadline driven
- Attention to detail.
- Fairness in handling employees
- Safety conscious.
- Stress tolerance.
- Willing to work long hours when necessary.