Underwriting Consultant Personal Lines - Centurion
The purpose of this underwriting position is to underwrite new policies and renewals, negotiations, quotes etc.
• Issuing new policies, renewals and endorsements on the Tial/Ski System
• Prepare new business quotes.
• Negotiating renewal terms and preparing the renewal documentation.
• Checking policies before sending it to brokers
• Telephone contact with brokers when they phone in with queries or amendments to / additional covers
• Saving all work electronically
• Arrange Facultative Reinsurance when required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Very good communication skills (both written & verbal)
• NQF Level 4: Complete full qualification as set by regulation
• Successfully completed the RE 5 Examination Level 1
• A minimum of five (5) years´ working experience within Insurance Company.
• A minimum of three (3) years´ underwriting experience
• Negotiating skills
• Experience in working with personal lines
• Policy, product and systems knowledge
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving and analysis
• Cross functional awareness
• Plan, organises and follow ups
PSG’s commitment to transform and embrace diversity is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce.
In achieving our employment equity goals, we give preference to applicants from designated groups and we encourage people with disability to apply.