UX/UI Designer - Cape Town
Are you a critical thinker? Are you willing to challenge ideas and receive feedback?
If you don't use comic sans, you might be interested in what we have to offer !
We are searching for an experienced Product Designer, aware of UX principles
(We like our users, we want them to like us back).
Baseplay is our flagship product suite, developed for mobile users but accessible from any web enabled device. It includes five great verticals packed with content including movies, series, music, mobile games, health & fitness, education, and even content for kids.
We released our MVP not so long ago and there’s still a lot to do and to have fun with.
Your role here would be to provide ideas, wireframes, prototypes, mockups and specifications to improve the current version of baseplay.
To succeed in this job you should :
• Speak a little dev (at least be fluent in HTML and CSS3).
• You will be spending time with front-end dev to review UI implementation.
• Bring fresh ideas to improve user friendliness
• Be comfortable with all the design process stages from concept to hand off
• Identify UX deficiencies, but mostly find solutions !
• Back up your idea with data !
• Document your work to establish precise design guidelines (and complete the one already existing)
• Help to promote product through diverse channels (production of asset for social media and emailing)
Qualifications and experience :
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Graphic, HCI, or related fields, or equivalent experience with an emphasis in UI design.
• Experience in developing products for both mobile & web (Hello Responsive design!)
• Knowing MJML is a plus for emailing
• Adobe Creative Suite is your friend
• But Sketch is your best friend (it's ok if you prefer XD…)
• Usability testing
• HIERARCHY of information for typography means something to you
• You don't design for 1995 and you are aware of the latest UI trends
• Ability to solve problems visually
• Fluent in English
If you recognise yourself in this description please do share your portfolio (images speak better than words) !
We are continually adding and improving our benefits but here are some of the perks we offer:
• Private healthcare
• Half Fridays
• Complimentary catering and as much coffee as you can drink!