Warehouse and Logistic Manager - Johannesburg
DIVISION : ASCENDIS ANIMAL HEALTH
DEPARTMENT : WAREHOUSE
JOB TITLE : WAREHOUSE & LOGISTICS MANAGER
AREA : CENTURION
Purpose of job
• Warehouse, stock and distribution control and management
• Quality assurance
• Occupational health and safety in compliance of the OSH Act.
• Management of staff
Key result areas
• Dealing with clearing agents
• Check and count consignments when delivered (signing off of documentation)
• Writing/reviewing of S.O.Ps (receiving, dispatch, expired and damaged goods, etc)
• Development of documents, strategies and procedures to ensure the smooth running of the warehouse, e.g. compilation of files with price lists, delivery addresses and contact information of salesperson and clients
• Ensuring that product received are of an acceptable quality.
• Ensuring that Picking slips, Sales orders are correctly picked, packed and then recorded on Sage Evolution.
• Ensuring that all orders are checked and are correct before leaving the warehouse.
• Creating and printing of product labels to ensure that orders conform to legislative requirements.
• Daily/weekly cycle counts, to ensure that any product variances are timeously picked up, investigated and mitigating measure are put in place.
• 6-monthly or annual full stock counts.
• Reconciliation of figures after each count.
• Handling of stock queries, adjustments, status, etc.
• Placing stock orders with newly, obtaining resource codes, transfer prices, negotiate lead times and minimum order quantities- reconciling and follow-up
• Compiling and safekeeping of all import and export documentation for inspection by SARS and used transfer of payment to suppliers.
• Assist sales team with specials and promotions
• Handling of the following stock and listings thereof: damaged stock, quarantined stock, stock on hold and expired stock
• Handling of replacement stock and documentation thereof
• Handling of free material request program and documentation thereof
• Managing incineration of waste/rejected /damages and expired goods
• Monthly warning to Regional Managers of stock about to expire.
• Overseeing the correct procedure with regards to the finishing of products.
• Ensuring batches comply with COA standards.
• Visual inspection of each batch received
• Collecting of relevant and prescribed batch documentation (COA’s analysis results)
• Expecting and control of orders
• On time clearance and delivery
• Assistance with clearing of shipments.
• Effective clearing and logistics cost control
• Logistics with supplying agents and airlines
• Cost effective delivery to warehouse and customers and control thereof
• Staff management
• Implement and maintain occupational health & safety
• Any other reasonable duties
Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant qualification
• Highly computer literate in stock software applications
• Inventory, stock control and supply chain experience
• Very organized and energetic
• Reliable, committed and a willingness to work hard
• Attention to detail
• Good analytical skills