Warehouse Controller - Durban
more than 14 days ago
• Plan, organize, supervise/manage and participate in the operations and activities of the Warehouse.
• Utilize space efficiently and effectively.
• Maintain inventory.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Operate warehouse vehicles, machines and equipment.
• Receiving, despatching and stock transfer of Warehouse stock.
• Planning and scheduling of work.
• Maintain accurate records of stock transactions.
• Understanding and investigating Cycle Count Variances
1. Grade 12
2. Minimum 3 - 5 years warehouse experience in a similiar role
3. Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
4. Minimum 3 years experience in: Warehousing and stock control methods and procedures / Methods of receiving Inspecting and issuing materials / Methods of maintaining and storing equipment / Methods of storing materials and supplies / Space utilization & Inventory techniques.
5. Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required.
6. Be computer literate (MS Office packages)
7. ERP Systems (SAP/SYSPRO etc) experience an added advantage
8. Be able to operate and manage forklift and other warehouse vehicles
9. Good working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
10. Have good interpersonal skills, tact, patience and courtesy.
11. Ability to learn and adapt quickly
12. Able to work and excel in a high pressure environment