Web Developer - Randburg
• Interpret technical specifications, develop, test and deliver according to spec and document and support the developments
• Primary responsibility will be programming but maintenance on software will be required
• 50% back-end and 50% front-end application and web development, though this could vary depending on product.
• Responsible for the developments, applications, systems, etc. within their projects.
• Apply themselves and continuously add value to the various divisions and the department.
• I.T related Diploma / Degree / Certificate.
• Minimum 2 - 4 years’ of experience.
• Programming languages required PHP, experience in mobile technologies (PhoneGap and the like), advantageous Perl
• Database integration and knowledge a must have, MySQL knowledge essential
• SQL and relational databases knowledge, ability to write SQL queries, triggers and store procedures advantageous.
• Experience in CakePHP and bootstrap essential
• Knowledge of Linux advantageous.
• Bash scripting advantageous.
• Ability to code W3C compliant, well-formed XHTML.
• Ability to code CSS for styling and pure div layouts.
• Ability to hand-code XHTML/CSS.
• Good understanding of cross browser compatibility and restrictions.
• Excellent concept design ability for web.
• Good analytical and business-analysis skills.
• Basic understanding of project-management disciplines
• Basic understanding of Business Change Lifecycle methodology.
• Working knowledge of programming languages, business modelling tools, UML and knowledge of SDLC