Workshop Manager - Midrand
45 000 - 50 000
more than 14 days ago
R45 – 50 000 CTC per month
This position will manage and lead a team of people, in a proactive, practical way, allocating workload and managing the day to day production of container conversions to client specific requirements.
It requires the job holder to co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to the allocated quality standard.
Skills and Experience:
1. Mech Tech Degree – must be practically and business minded
2. 5-10 years Hands-On Experience in manufacturing
3. Strong interpersonal and business management skills
4. Ability to work with people at various levels from shop floor to senior management
5. Can look beyond the initial customer enquiry and identify other business opportunities
6. People management skills (general workers/ boiler makers/welders)
7. Quality, detail and productivity focussed
8. Practical orientated, Technically minded
9. Professional and presentable
10. Client Interaction
1. Manufacturing scheduling
2. Manufacturing progress reporting
3. Managing the performance of workshop staff
4. Housekeeping of the workshop
5. Health and safety continues monitoring
6. Workshop product quality
7. Material procurement overview
8. Improving internal processes and ensuring employees work as a cohesive unit.
9. Verbal and written communication skills
10. Planning and managing of workshop project performance
11. Manage projects and processes within budget.
12. Ability to enforce and maintain high standards, even under pressure. (high standards of performance, consistent under pressure)
13. General management skills.
CV must include the following or will not be processed:
1. Full CV with all dates - e.g. Jan 2015 - Jul 2018 (not just year) as well as reasons for leaving each position
2. High School & Tertiary Education must have the year completed and the institution name
3. Your current notice period (1 Calendar month or 30 days)
4. Your current salary package including benefits (CTC)
5. A head and shoulders picture of yourself (Can use LinkedIn one if it is suitable)