Not Specified in Prieska
A town on the southern bank of the Orange River, 130 km north-west of Britstown and 75 km south-east of Marydale. It developed from a place to which farmers migrated when the pans were full, after rains. It was administered by a village management board from 1882 and attained municipal status in 1892. The name is derived from Korana and means 'place of the lost she-goat'.The town is 240 km south of Kimberley and lies on the R357 road. It was originally named Prieschap, a Khoisan word meaning 'place of the lost she-goat'. The town was founded in 1882.
No results were found.