Accountant - Durban
Accurate and timely accounting and reporting and monitoring internal controls and systems for a number of entities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Preparation of management accounts accurately and on time.
• Various data extraction, analysis, manipulation and reporting.
• Monitoring internal controls, procedures and systems.
• Accounting system is maintained up to date, and errors & exceptions are controlled.
• All control accounts and sub-ledgers are reconciled weekly.
• VAT reconciliation, return and audits.
• Prompt and accurate response to queries from management, auditors and regulators.
• Maintain Non-Current Asset and Liability registers and reconciliations.
• Import of data from operating and payroll systems.
• Monthly journals, accruals and revaluations.
• B.Com (Accounting) or equivalent
• At least 5 years’ experience
• Excellent understanding of ERP Accounting system;
• Good understanding of VAT laws, and experience with e-Filing;
• Good understanding of data structures, integration and integrity;
• Excellent Excel and reporting skills;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Ability to focus and prioritise own workload;
• Experience working as part of a large team and organisation;
• Communicate clearly with regional managers and resolve queries;
• Experience in logistics / warehousing / property beneficial.
Applications close at noon on Monday, 1 February 2021.