Actuarial Analyst - Cape Town
10 days ago
Actuarial Analyst at Group Finance & BSM
Responsible for the quarterly valuations and related ad-hoc tasks in respect of the Inflation Linked and With Profit Annuity product range.
• •Preparing and analysing input data
• •Calculation of reserves and the analysis of surplus
• •Preparing information for submission into the Group reporting process
• •Detailed analysis of the profits to assist management to manage the book of business pro-actively
• •Identifying opportunities for process improvement and implementing the necessary changes after collaboration with all stakeholders
• •Assisting with implementing the IFRS17 requirements into the Annuity reporting process.
• Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial or Business Sciences
• Good progress with the A100 and A200 series (CT series) exams.
• Two to three years' working experience
• A good working knowledge of the MS-Office packages, specifically Excel and Word
• Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities as well as a working knowledge of SQL will be a distinct advantage
• A good understanding of Annuity products will also be an advantage