Actuarial Manager Business Partner & Reporting - Sandton
• Business support: Use actuarial knowledge and skills to provide strategic support to the business and individual Rest of Africa countries on various projects.
• Financial, Business & Risk Reporting: Effective and timeous delivery of management, risk and financial reports to: Effective and timeous delivery of management, risk and financial reports to:
? Rest of Africa executive management.
? Group Actuary and the Head of Actuarial Function
? Individual Country Boards.
• Ensure that management information remains relevant and clear with coverage of key aspects of business performance against targets.
• Generate insights using the information produced for financial reports.
• Business Planning & Forecasting: Provide actuarial modelling and other input into the segment business plan and other strategic initiatives.
• Management Actions: Propose management actions in response to reported metrics. Ensure that the process to implement and track agreed management actions is well managed to deliver the targeted improved outcomes.
• Process efficiency and automation: Ensure processes are efficient, robust and fit for purpose. Ensure the control environment is adequate and effective.
• Ad-hoc projects: Support the delivery of relevant project objectives, as and when these arise.
Qualifications and Experience
• Qualified Actuary with at least 8 years’ relevant experience
• Ability to think strategically and provide business insights
• Strong technical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively to diverse technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal)
• Experience leading a team
• Strong stakeholder engagement skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively with others