Actuarial Manager: Fund Innovation Manager - Cape Town
13 days ago
Actuarial Manager: Fund Innovation Manager
• Has specialist knowledge in the investments area of actuarial expertise – especially alternative investments.
• Often operates and liaises across business units.
• Performs technical analyses, draws conclusions from the analyses, identifies opportunities and makes recommendations.
• Converts complex concepts into client/user-friendly format/terminology.
• Gains and applies actuarial expertise on pricing.
• Has a good grasp of data requirements and data integrity requirements.
• Customises solutions to client requirements.
• Implements solutions in innovative ways, leading to coordinating their launch into the market.
• Ensures ongoing sustainability of solutions.
• Generating new ideas for unique retail investment options that will provide a competitive advantage.
• Collaborate with other parts of the Business.
• Engage and explore with other Business Units from generating ideas, to concept and design, e.g. Output would be a Product Design for a new product, with stakeholder buy-in of a high-level proposal.
• Finding innovative ways of implementing the solution.
• Managing the technical aspects of the funds.
• Qualified actuary with minimum of 8 years actuarial experience
• Specialist knowledge in the investments area of actuarial expertise, especially alternative investments
• CFA qualification will be highly beneficial 2.8lo