Administrator Trustee Service - Bellville
12 days ago
1. DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
An administrator who has a passion for exceptional client service and who will have front office exposure to clients.
2. MAIN ACTIVITIES:
2.1 Trustee Meeting Agendas
• Ensure collection of information from service providers and Principal Officers.
• Typing and compiling agendas for trustee and committee meetings.
• Checking of agenda items submitted by third-party service providers.
• Ensure distribution of agendas and supporting documents within specified timeframes.
• Ensure proper record keeping.
2.2 Trustee Meetings
• Prepare boardroom for meeting.
• Ensure catering for meeting.
• Ensure recording of meeting.
2.3 Trustee Meeting Minutes
• Assist with compilation of minutes.
• Ensure distribution of minutes within specified timeframes.
• Updating of action items emanating from trustee meetings.
2.4 Section 37C Death Claim Investigations
• Collection of information required for compilation of death claim recommendations.
• Interviews and discussions with potential beneficiaries.
• Compiling recommendations for trustees in line with section 37C of the Pension Funds Act and case law.
• Presentation of recommendations to trustees.
• Continuous enhancement of procedures and death claims systems.
• Support link between client and service providers.
• Support role to Principal Officers.
• Assistance with preparing communication documentation to stakeholders.
• General office administration within the department.
A minimum qualification of matric.
4. EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• At least 3 years’ experience in Employee Benefits.
• Previous experience in a front office liaison capacity with trustees and Principal Officers.
• A good working knowledge of section 37C of the Pension Funds Act and ongoing reference ability to Adjudicator determinations and case law in this regard.
• High level of accuracy.
• Ability to work calmly and efficiently within tight deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be fluent in English and Afrikaans.
• Client service orientated.
5. TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
Advanced Word, Excel and Powerpoint experience; and
An excellent understanding of the Employee Benefits industry is essential.