Agricultural Technologist - Cullinan
• Must have own transport
• Must live near Cullinan
• DEGREE in Agriculture / Meat Science
• 2 – 4 years relevant technical experience
• To develop and drive relevant technical and procurement initiatives, policies and programs.
• Give technical advice during the design and improvement of procurement and best practice strategies for the group
• Assist in the positioning of the company as a leader in agricultural development in the industry, through staying abreast of, and conducting research activities related to, national and international best practice.
• Network with key players in the industry, suppliers, government, NGOs and research establishments
• Ensuring residue testing plan is kept up to date and changed to take into consideration change in farming practices and drug use
• Given input to the planning and forecasting of products and ranges
• Build and manage relationships with diverse range of suppliers, visit suppliers and assist with best practice implementation on farms/feedlots/abattoirs
• Monitor and react to industry and international trends
• Manage primary quality through compliance to and development/improvement of product specifications, farming guidelines and slaughter guidelines
• Assist Cavalier operational departments, farmers and other supplier in improving farming/slaughtering techniques to enhance the efficiency, quality and profitability
• Research, conduct trials, analyze data and prepare reports to steer and advise on the strategic direction of the company related to procurement, animal production and primary quality
• Development and implementation of animal welfare policies, procedures and guidelines for the relevant red meat species procurement for Cavalier in line with international best practice
• Ensuring compliance to relevant policies and procedures
• Continual monitoring and improvement of related initiatives at Cavalier sites and suppliers.
Quality Management Systems Implementation
• Plan, represent and/or ensure adequate representation of Cavalier during related audits and site visits, i.e. Animal Welfare, Supplier visits etc.
• Improve, implement and verify best practices continuously
• Assist in assuring compliance to brand protocols & ensure all sites are always prepared for External Audits
• Conduct Internal audits to ensure compliance to the related requirements
• Report writing skills
• Analytical skills
• Computer literacy
• Communication skills
• Risk assessment
• Priority setting