Architect - Port Elizabeth - Port Elizabeth
more than 14 days ago
Architect - Port Elizabeth Eastern Cape
Salary: Market Related
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a junior Architect in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape. This is a permanent position.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture and a Portfolio of Evidence for submission
• 2-3+ years of architectural experience preferably within residential, institutional, parastatal and commercial sectors
• Understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements
• Own Transport, able to travel to site. Must be based in Port Elizabeth currently
• Experience with Autodesk Revit software preferred, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, High attention to detail
• Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions, creative and artistic skillset
• Visual awareness and an eye for detail
• Ability to provide elegant and efficient design solutions
• Ability to work under indirect supervision
• Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork & team building ability
• Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
• Technically creative and open-minded, eager to learn and grow in the industry
• Researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials and systems.
• Produces conceptual plans, renderings, and documents.
• Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
• Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans.
• Produces construction documents in AutoCAD and Revit.
• Working with the Project Manager, may direct, supervise, and check activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project.
• Interfaces with Director of Architecture and project managers.
• Works in tandem with highly collaborative multi-discipline design teams.
• Assists in research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications.
? Team Player, Strong work ethics, Accuracy, Attention to detail
? Organized, Proactive, Flexible, Excellent Communication Skills
? Effectiveness, Timely, Reliable, Ethical, Responsible