Assistant Manager Central Payments - Cape Town
Sanne Group is a premier fund administration service provider of alternative assets located across the globe. SANNE is a fast growing firm expanding its operational support model with resources located in Belgrade.
2. Key responsibilities:
– Working closely with the Senior Manager, Assistant Managers and the Workflow Co-ordinator In Jersey and Belgrade.
– Providing support and direct responsibility for the team to promote the development of a first class payments process.
– Support and manage training schedules
– Line management for the team including setting objectives and conducting one to one meetings to support the individual development, skills-sets and knowledge.
– Provide MI on team, ensuring all development and/or knowledge gaps are addressed and actively managed.
– First point of contact for business to escalate an Urgent Payment that is time critical.
– Direct point of contact for Treasury in respect of FX and Pooling accounts.
– Ensuring that all payment queries are resolved in a timely manner and prior to payment cut-off times ensuring the client receives good value.
– Assisting the Payments Senior Manager to manage the maintenance of payment signatory lists ensuring these are kept up to date and that there is no delay in removing leavers etc.
– Assisting to maintain the relationship with both Business Systems and IT ensuring that any system performance issues, on our internal banking system, are resolved and that any downtime is minimised.
– Maintain relationships with those banks where payments are sent via their on-line banking systems to ensure we are able to resolve any issues in an efficient manner.
– Assist the Payments Senior Manager to produce regular MI on payment process including; number of payments by system, bank, division, value of payments, queries resolved etc.
– Assist the team by authorising payments at peak periods.
– Perform other duties as necessary to support the development of the division and wider business to achieve the Global Model.
3. Skills / experience required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a payments environment with a proven ability to work as part of a wider team.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Highly motivated with ability to multitask
- Fluent in English, with ability to read and write with excellent conversation and communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to meet the demands of the various business units the team is servicing.
- Experience of working with both a central banking package and online banking packages either within Sanne or in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of local regulatory environment and how it impacts and interacts with the payment process
- Ability to motivate and influence a team.
- Ability to travel and work remotely