BI Solution Architect/ Technical Lead - Roodepoort
The BI Solution Architect will also be responsible to design, develop and optimize business intelligence DataMart’s for analytics and reporting that focus on generating insights that will ensure continuous business improvements.
The role includes the analysis, design and development of end-to-end business intelligence solutions for customers. Further, it entails the understanding the business intelligence requirements of the assigned business unit. The successful candidate will be required to develop and support business logic using PL/SQL or SAS to generate reporting data marts for a variety of requirements from different business units. The candidate will be required to form relationships and continually liaise with subject matter experts from other business areas to understand the data from their respective areas.
Analytics and Reporting
- Analyse functional requirements and translate them into task specifications for the development process.
- Design and develop programs using SAS or PL/SQL to deliver project requirements or enhancements to existing programs.
- Collaborate with assigned business units to understand their analytics needs and devise possible solutions.
- Support project teams using the required data analysis skills and analytics technologies (SAS or PL-SQL).
- Build efficient and re-usable services that can be reused to deliver requirements from different business units or projects.
- Provide support in identifying, evaluating and deploying solutions that meet business requirements.
- Asist the testing team to develop test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Knowledge Sharing through forum presentations and internal training.
- Maintain organizational intellectual property through documenting of solutions on the organization’s wiki platform.
- Follow Agile methodology and participate in SCRUM meetings.
- Understand the business intelligence requirements of the assigned business unit
- Collate all inputs necessary to support Business requirements
- Collect, monitoring and analyse large volumes of fast-changing data to support operational processes
- Partner with the business and ensure in-depth understanding of key drivers in order to drive quality data analytics
- Ensure that data quality initiatives are implemented in the relevant business units
- Educate the business on business intelligence, champion and drive BI self service
- Arrange regular sessions with customers to inform, educate and facilitate feedback
- Be the single point of contact for Business intelligence for the assigned business unit, ensuring liaison between business, enterprise information and BI centre of excellence
- Adopt a proactive approach to prevent problems from arising in the future
- Build and maintain solid relationships with business unit stakeholders
- Work consistently according to standard operating procedures
- Understand and communicate the consequences of not maintaining data quality
- Identify areas where the quality of reporting and analytics may be improved
- Analyse situations and take necessary action to ensure quality is maintained
- Seek feedback from clients/ stakeholders and continuously seek ways of improving on quality
- Monitor daily trends to ensure data quality is sufficient to ensure accurate reporting and analytics.
- At least 2-4 years of experience of reporting and data analytics in a business intelligence environment
- Oracle SQL or SAS training will be advantageous
- Worked in environments with large data volumes
- Good understanding of all aspects of BI and Information Management processes.
- Good working knowledge of 1 or more business areas like Marketing, Customer Relations, Sales, Finance etc. preferably in the telecoms industry
- Experience with database technologies using PL/SQL or SAS is a must.
- Oracle OBIEE development and implementation are not a deal breaker but would be advantageous.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SASS) is not a deal breaker but would be advantageous.
- OBIEE dashboards, Power BI or any other visualization tool is not a deal breaker but would be advantageous.
- Experience in data modelling for data mart designs would be advantageous.
Information Systems/Engineering degree/ Reevant Business Degree/Diploma