Boilermaker - Durban
more than 14 days ago
16-03-2022 12:05:54 PM
Advert Ref: VC0201
Job Title: Boilermaker
Area: Engineering Department
Position Type: Full-Time
Weekly Hours: 40 Hours
Time Conditions: Day Shift
Salary: R19,000 - R36,000
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
Purpose of Position
Conduct boiler-making maintenance in the plant in order to maintain plant structural condition.
• Operate metalworking machinery to repair or make parts.
• Repair leaks and patch weakened spots.
• Replace defective parts.
• Strengthen joints.
• Be able to perform custom fabrication, pressure vessel welding, pipeline construction welding, structural construction welding or machinery and equipment repair welding.
• Ensure sufficient task analysis are completed to carry work out safely.
• Perform assigned duties in a timely and safe manner.
• General Boiler making duties including use of: grinding, cutting (friction and Gas cutting).
• Welding (GMAW, TIG, stick), polishing, Cropping, Pressing, Heat Treatment and Stress relieving of Steels.
• Co-ordinate and work in a team environment.
• Maintain and use equipment as designed.
• Ensure that work is performed as per Job Cards or requests and current schedule of works.
• Ensure all work is carried out to quality and specification requirements and that documentation is completed on time.
• Daily time cards are completed accurately and on time.
• Adherence to Company procedures.
• Trade tested Boilermaker.
• Recognition of existing skills.
• experience or other qualifications.
• Be physically fit and are safety conscious.
• Team player have an ability to adapt to shift work and long hours.
• Willing to work in a cold environment.
• Desired Qualification Accreditation(Grade 12 / Matric).
Interested Applicants who meet the requirements may apply here or on our website. Applicants will be inducted shortly, Should you not be contacted in 14 days of your application, Please consider your application unsuccessful and thank you for your interest in our construction company.