Business Development Representative - City Of Johannesburg Metro
15 000 – 20 000
City Of Johannesburg Metro,
more than 14 days ago
24-06-2022 9:12:01 AM
Business Development Representative (JB1795)
R15 – 20 000 basic per month + commission
As the Business Development Representative, you will focus on supporting the sales team with new business opportunities and qualifying leads. Your role is to contact and develop relationships with potential customers by cold calling, conducting research into current markets, identifying suitable leads and setting up meetings or demo’s on behalf of the ream.
• At least 3 years of proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Executive or similar position.
• BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field.
• Proven track record of reaching sales quotas and a good understanding of sales performance metrics.
• Experience with CRM software.
• Computer Literate (MS Office, Email etc.).
• Hands-on experience using multiple sales techniques (including cold calls).
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
• Ability to work independently without micro-management, but also a team- player.
• The ideal candidate is a hunter, not a farmer, and thrives on finding new business leads.
• Previously worked in a start-up / small business / small division and must not have a corporate mindset.
• Some experience or knowledge of the financial services industry.
• Previous experience selling computer software to businesses, preferably SaaS software.
• Confidence and energy for excellence, who is able to learn quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Find and qualify leads for new sales opportunities.
• Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails.
• Pitch solutions to new potential clients.
• Research and identify client needs.
• Follow up on leads in the pipeline.
• Proactively do research on new business opportunities in the market.
• Set up meetings or calls between prospective clients and the sales team.
• Report on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales quotas.
• Stay up to date with new products/services.