Communications and Advocacy Manager - Johannesburg
12 days ago
The successful incumbent will be responsible to manage the Corporate Communications service in Country Cluster Southern Africa, by managing internal and external communications, manage and communicate Advocacy and Government relations, and lead Crisis Communications for CCSA.
Ensure all internal and external branding is aligned with company brand guidelines
• Develop and implement an integrated communication strategy.
• Delivery of all internal publications within deadline and budget
• Delivery of all external communication within deadline and budget (where relevant)
• Participate in event management for both internal and external communication activities
• Support where required with external events, including the creation and sourcing of marketing and promotional materials
• Lead on the communications component of the digital initiatives
• Take ownership of all company social media platforms
• Build awareness of company amongst media in Southern Africa
• Provide support with internal and external communication when required
• Adapt global advertisements to suit local market requirements when required.
Postgraduate Degree or MBA in the relevant field
• Degree in Communications/Public Relations/Journalism is preferred
• Minimum of 8 years experience in communications management, with crisis communications experience and exposure
• Experience in a managerial position in a matrix organization
• Government/Public sector exposure is an advantage
• Experience in a global multi-national company is an advantage