Creditors Controller - Benoni
more than 14 days ago
30-12-2021 6:15:18 PM
Main Purpose of Job
Process and manage the full creditors function, ensure payment of supplier accounts within the payment terms.
• Process supplier invoices daily, to the correct accounts and with correct descriptions or references where applicable
• Prepare monthly and weekly supplier reconciliations for all suppliers with a balance due
• Ensure that all reconciling items are cleared within 60 days
• Send remittance after payment to suppliers
• Comply with any company or supplier specific requirements
• Compile a monthly report of all queries from suppliers
• Ensure all interaction with suppliers are acted out and work in line with the company’s vision, mission and values
• Payment of supplier Invoices, per a payment reconciliation and accurate allocations on the accounting system to the correct account
• Liaise with departments/sectors/suppliers, where necessary regarding reconciling items such as, but not limited to (i.e. supplier statements, supplier invoices, supplier discounts, credit notes)
• Ensure that supplier invoices adhere to company and SARS requirements
• Ensure that supplier invoices have been properly authorised
• Ensure written backup information electronically is stored on the Finance drive or in hard copy for all items older than 60 days
• Supplier audit files are initiated, updated and maintained
• Ensure accurate vendor approvals processed – head office Is required to authorise vendor application before loading on the accounting system
• Submit an accurate weekly 3 week cash flow forecast
• Ensure that an accurate and complete accruals have been raised for all invoices not accounted for at month end
• Adhere to all safety standards and do everything to get all people “Safe Home Everyday”
• Have the ability to handle themselves in accordance with business norms, the company’s code of conduct and consistently behave in a manner which would be regarded as professionally and socially acceptable
• Maintain effective working relationships and communications with company’s external partners
• Assist with answering the switchboard when necessary
• Undertake additional finance and administration duties, outside the responsibilities, if required line manager
• Initiate continued improvement and development of the creditors controller function.
• Take complete ownership of supplier database and ensure all relevant information is obtained and maintained correctly (updating supplier information and BB-BEE certificate monthly)
Grade 12 (Matric)
Advantage: Bachelor’s Degree (3 years) in Financial Accounting, or Business Management related field of study
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role as Creditors Clerk, or in a Financial Accounting environment with exposure to supplier payments and supplier invoices
This is an AA/EE appointment and ONLY applications from South African Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDI) candidates will be considered.
If you have not received a response within 48 hours of submitting your resume, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.