Data Analyst with Data Cataloguing - Sandton
PBT Group South Africa (previously Prescient Business Technologies) was established in 1996 and are technology agnostic Data Specialists offering custom-made Data and Analytics services and solutions that transform information to create valuable insights and predictions for business success.
As a leading Data & Analytics and Information Specialist company, PBT Group provides services and creates solutions that capitalise on data-driven insights, to make well-timed, intuitive business decisions that consistently position the Group’s clients ahead of the curve. PBT Group is a data specialist that takes ownership of a client’s challenges – transforming the client’s data into a tangible asset that will greatly assist in streamlining the client’s business operations as well as their predictive and analytical capabilities.
• Analyse business requirements from documents and end-user discussions.
• Identify and define the data requirements necessary to support business requirements or integrated application and subject areas.
• Identify and define the security requirements necessary to protect the data items.
• Identify and define the business rules associated with the data; these should include all data integrity / constraint requirements.
• Identify and perform detailed analysis of all data sources for each application and subject area.
• Perform data profiling of data contained in source systems.
• Provide detailed analysis of all data implemented into the database.
• Provide the data mapping and associated transformation rules for each data item.
• Ensure that the business requirements and subsequent development activities are supported by accurate information.
• Support and maintain the project data models at multiple levels of detail and functionality (conceptual, logical, normalised, relational, dimensional, application-level, subject-level, integrated, etc.).
• Assist Data Modelers to draw up detailed data models.
• Assist ETL Analysts to draw up data cleansing specifications.
• Present data quality anomalies and problem areas to business users and source system owners.
• Validate data models against the business- and data requirements.
• Ensure the quality, accuracy, integrity and conformity to standards of all models.
• Provide accurate metadata, which allows full understanding of the project data components.
• Coordinate and synchronise data models with process and technical models.
• Identify data and data model inconsistencies and conflicts and assist the users in their resolution.
• Transition information and assist the DBA’s with physical implementation of the data models.
• Transition information and assist develops with the data mapping and transformation and provide additional data analysis as required during the development phase.
• Communicate project data-related information to Architects, DBA’s, Developers and Users.
• Work with modeling tools and data repository to maintain project deliverables.
• 5+ years’ experience in Data Analysis
• Data Cataloguing experience
• Experience in building Conceptual Data Models
• Ability to use SQL to query data in RDBMS
• Analysis source systems data and testing the Conceptual Data Models
• Experience in testing data, auditing data techniques a plus
• Experience in Data migration projects
• Experience in NoSQL environments would be an advantage
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
• Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is essential.
• B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
• 5+ years programming experience.