Data Scientist Consultant - Johannesburg
Offer new services and business models through advanced analytics methods.
Collaborate closely with clients, underwriters, client managers, the IT department, and with relevant AI and Analytics teams across the globe in Germany, Singapore, Beijing, Sydney, and Princeton.
• Identify the (future) needs of the client, co-create solutions in teams with the clients, offer value adding solutions to the clients and generate profitable growth.
• Offer new services and business models through advanced analytics methods
• Development and implementation of solutions that enable operational units to increase quantity and quality of new business.
• Presentation of statistical and ML solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
• Apply AI techniques including Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) methods to interpret data and build solutions to improve insurance process management and solve real problems that clients are facing today.
• Lead the coding and delivery of projects and will need to provide active thought and opinion leadership, in the fields of statistics, AI, ML, and DL within and outside the office.
• Continue to cultivate strong network with already existing AI and ML intensive units in the group
• Participate and lead client discussions regarding potential use case
Qualification and Skills required:
• University degree in statistics, applied mathematics, information technology, or a comparable discipline.
• Capacity for innovation, forward-looking and Group-wide networking thinking and action, strong service orientation.
• Initiating or conduct an analysis of the situation and environment for existing and new customers, identify issues that are relevant
• Proactively developing and push solutions/product ideas
• Very good theoretical and practical knowledge of AI, ML and DL methods and in-depth experience in relevant tools/languages such as Python / R
• Experience of having worked on big data platforms (Cloudera / Hortonworks, MapR, or Pivotal)
• Experience of having worked on data science virtual machines on the cloud (Azure, AWS, etc.)
• Experience in advanced SQL queries
• Committed, motivated, willing to learn new tools technologies, and be willing to step outside their comfort zone
• A self-starter who can work independently and strong team-player