DC Transport and Dispatch Department Clerk - Port Elizabeth
more than 14 days ago
17-09-2021 8:33:51 AM
Areas of Responsibility
· Ensure efficient dispatching of vehicles each morning by 6:30
· Loading according to SOP’s and best practice
· Perform rechecks on orders and ensuring correct loading at all times.
· Ensure the checking function and checking company perform in accordance with relevant SOP’s and in the best interest of SG
· Supervise the loading of vehicles i.e. weight / load distribution ,vehicle requirement load planning
· Be vigilant at all times and reports suspicious behavior
· Ensure collection orders are ready, checked and dispatched effectively
· Ensure RD orders are processed and managed effectively and timeously dispatched
· Ensure vehicle are cleaned and cab checks are done a minimum of twice weekly
· Daily scheduling of vehicles
· Liaising with drivers, operations personnel and management.
· Reporting: Daily Reports, Fuel and Kilometer stats and Pallets
· Compliance: Adhere to quality control procedures and all safety procedures.
· Tracking of truck locations by GPS system, monitoring vehicle movement, system health and corrective measures.
· Driver communication of returns, shorts returned in accordance with SOP’s.
· Interdepartmental communication with Customer Services on possible RD’s.
Knowledge and Understanding / absolute minimum requirements:
·5 Years working experience in dispatching or fleet control
·Good understanding and working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Working hours will be from Monday to Friday – 06:00 to 16:00