Electrician - Jeffreys Bay
The ideal candidate will be in possession of an N6 certificate in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Trade Test or an equivalent and a minimum of 3 years’ post trade experience in electrical and mechanical installation, as well as experience in PLC and environmental controller. The incumbent must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle and due to standby and overtime duties should reside in the Jeffreys Bay and Humansdorp region. An understanding of SKOV climate control and production control units or poultry farming and farming equipment will be advantageous.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the following results:
• Ensure that all work conforms to the SANS 10142 standards and the Sovereign Foods Maintenance standard operating procedures
• Ensure that all assets are well maintained and kept in perfect operating conditions at all times
• Complete the weekly maintenance schedules and job cards within the designated timeframes
• Ensure safe working procedures are adhered to at all times
• Achieve 95% quality, 100% legal compliance and 100%BRC compliance ratings
• Contribute to the creation of “Perfect Growing Conditions” through excellent preventative and corrective maintenance on all Company assets.
• Ensuring control of the stock of the facilities.
Critical Competencies and Skills
• Be a self-driven individual with the ability to work without direct supervision
• Willing to assume responsibility of stock and a team
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Inclined towards problem-solving, fact-finding and troubleshooting
• A quick learner that is easily developable
• Attentive to detail with a systematic and methodical approach
• Ability to mitigate risk
• Cost control
As Sovereign Foods is an equal opportunity employer, preference will be given applicants of designated groups, as defined by the Employment Equity Act.
Closing date: 23 October 2019