Electronic Design Engineer, Junior - Centurion
more than 14 days ago
Junior Electronic Design Engineer
Do you have an aptitude and passion for all things Electronic Design?
Do you have a BEng (Electronic) or BEng (Computer) qualification?
Will you be able to excel in a team of designers and still be independent enough to handle smaller projects alone?
Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external colleagues and clients?
We are currently looking for a junior designer with 0-2 years’ experience in PCB and firmware design.
What we do:
• We design and manufacture collision avoidance systems and vehicle management systems for the mining industry.
• We have extensive experience in PCB design, firmware design and software design.
• We have a strong team of designers and have established building blocks for our products that allow us to quickly respond to client requirements.
• We continuously develop new products, so all designers get ample opportunity to hone their design skills.
• We have simple sub-systems as well as very complex solutions, this ensures that there is a place for designers of all different experience levels.
What you will do:
• Derive a specification based on client requirements
• Design hardware, embedded firmware and software as per specification
• Test and update design as required
• Maintain design through the product life cycle
• Generate and maintain data packs for manufacturing, technical testing, in field installation and commissioning and user information
• Assist technical department when required
• Assist field service department when required
• Liaise with clients when required
• Implement best practices in designs
• Implement and follow standards
• Schematic and PCB Design in Altium designer
• Embedded C for STM32 and other microcontrollers
• Implementation of multiple communication protocols (UART, CAN, USB, SPI, RS485 and C# Applications in Visual studio)
What you will need:
• BEng (Electronic) or BEng (Computer)
• Must be able to excel in a team of designers and independent enough to handle smaller projects alone.
• Should be able to follow structure and standards but still be innovative
• Must be able to perform under pressure
• Willingness to work beyond normal office hours when required.
• A professional work environment
• A competitive salary that is negotiable and depending on experience.
• An opportunity to join and develop your skills within a successful team environment.