Enterprise Head of Data - Johannesburg
more than 14 days ago
PBT Group has an opportunity for an Enterprise Head of Data.
This role is responsible for all aspects of enterprise data and reporting and as such will play a key strategic role. This will furthermore include technical leadership of enterprise data and ownership of all enterprise reporting and dashboard development, playing a leadership role in the overall information strategy. The role is also responsible for data Integration and will need to develop and execute the Integration Strategy.
• Defining Data Services strategic road map, clearly setting out short, medium- and long-term goals for the team
• Optimising the ‘As Is’ Data Services Operating model to ensure agility and responsiveness to business needs
• Setting the governance and standards related to the enablement of data and the integration platform. Align to a microservices and API based architecture
• Leadership responsibility for the people in the Chapter
• Work collaboratively with the rest of the IT Manco team to deliver against the IT Strategy
• Providing thought leadership on data and analytics based on the industry trends
• Ability to develop and analyse on SQL and BI tools.
• Automate Excel reports using SQL, integration, and data warehousing tools.
• Build complex visualizations using tools like Microsoft Power BI
• Implement, integrate, and extract data from data warehouses across the organization.
• Audit and take steps to remedy data quality, including making recommendations for end users.
• Experience is extracting and manipulating data using tools such as SQL, SAS, and Excel
• Develop and maintain an appropriate Data Services delivery structure, operating model, and capacity to enable responsive delivery of data and business intelligence/insights.
• Define and communicate delivery plans, policies, standards, and frameworks, enforcing structured and standardised design and data governance practices.
• Manage and provide leadership to business intelligence developers, data integrators, data management, data quality analysts and Solution Integrators.
• Participate in strategic and operational governance processes within the business, driving agile delivery.
• Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT and external entities particularly vendors and delivery areas.
• Building ETL pipelines and APIs to connect data from disparate sources
• Build extensible data acquisition and integration solutions to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the business.
PEOPLE, TALENT MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
• Development & maintenance of a competent IT Data Services team, providing leadership, succession and talent management through open communication and delegation of responsibilities and authority within a heavily matrixed operating environment. Provide informal and formal coaching support to team in their personal and professional development.
• Team & Employee Growth: Take responsibility for team’s and own career growth and have regular discussions with the relevant role players. Ensure succession and talent management
CUSTOMER SERVICE & TCF
• Maintain a high level of service to customers (internal and external) according to the service standards as set by the company.
• Ensure customers are treated fairly and that management & training is done in conjunction with the Academy
• 3-5 years' experience building dashboards and analyses with business intelligence tools e.g., _ Power BI
• A well-rounded understanding of short-term insurances and associated processes will be a distinct advantage:
• Risk management
• Reinsurance and treaties
• Claims procedures
• Financial knowledge especially in relation to short term insurance
• Analysis and interpretation of data pertaining to business systems
• Good understanding of data integration and warehousing tools
• Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science/ Commerce with Information Systems, preferably with an MBA and Programme Management Qualifications
• Leadership qualification essential
• Skilled at SQL writing, modelling, and querying relational databases.
• Informatica, SSIS or another ETL software experience preferred 8 - 10 years of experience in data warehousing (where 5 have been in a managerial role)
• Required Experience (relevant or in a similar role)