Estimator Clearing and Forwarding - Midrand
more than 14 days ago
Clearing & Forwarding Estimator
A top tier Logistics company with a footprint across Africa and abroad is looking for an Estimator to support sales efforts through the preparation of accurate and relevant estimates (Air, Ocean & Road Import and Export) for their clients.
You will compile estimates on new and current business, as well as compile pricing for RFQs, RFIs and Tenders. Additionally, you will ensure that requests from within the company are actioned timeously and action follow through of estimate feedback in order to provide insights to evaluate estimate and pricing results to improve the company tender strike rate and competitiveness.
Prior experience working within the Freight Forwarding/Clearing and Forwarding industry is crucial.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Matric (non negotiable)
• National certificate in Freight Forwarding NQF 4/5 or FIATA diploma advantageous
• 5+ years’ experience working in the role of estimator, and experience within Pricing, Estimates or Operations in the logistics industry
• 3+ years experience in forwarding and clearing sector
• Good understanding / experience with end to end Supply Chain, Imports and Exports process flows is desired
• Computer literate (MS Office suite) and good knowledge / experience using Incoterms 2020 is highly advantageous
• Fluent in English and at least one African Language
• A valid driver's license (own vehicle preferred)
o Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Midrand, Gauteng
o Candidates must have SA ID