Executive Commercial Agent - Johannesburg
Positions available in:
KZN – Durban & Richards Bay,
Cape Town & Kimberly
EC – East London, Graaf Reinette,
The incumbent of this newly created position will be responsible for growing and developing the business insurance portfolio.
The Key Outputs For This Role Are As Follows
• New Business sales
• Direct B2B Sales
• Client service and management
• High level performance
The Commercial Agent: Face to Face Distribution must align themselves with the company culture.
• Completed Matric or National Senior Certificate
• RE 5 and FAIS accreditation (depending on Dofa)
• Must have your own reliable vehicle
• Valid code B driver’s license
• 2 years’ commercial insurance face 2 face sales experience
• Build your own insurance portfolio by:
• Being able to prospect for new clients through networking, Cold calling and door - door canvasing for new business
• Effective communication with both internal stakeholders and clients.
• Conduct a comprehensive risk evaluation for the client.
• Providing solutions to clients by selling company’s short term products aligned to the needs of the client.
• Drafting, tracking and measurement of your personal business plan.
• Providing on-going service and support to your individual client base (amendments, renewals, claims etc.).
• Retention of existing business including renewal discussion in line with FAIS
• Developing internal/external relationships with clients.
• Continuous building of your client base hence securing future income.
• Keeping abreast with the commercial insurance market changes and developments.
• Achieving/Exceeding targets consistently
• Providing feedback to line management when requested.
• Attending all weekly and adhoc team meetings.
• Working closely with internal stakeholders that is, underwriting/actuarial, claims as well as surveying.
• Adhering to all quality standards and measures in place.
• Communication (verbal and written) in English
• Numerical & mathematical skills
• Team supervisory skills
• Confident and enthusiastic self-starter who can take initiative
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team - balances team and individual responsibility, provides and accepts feedback
• Analytical skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Relationship management skills
• Presentation and facilitation skills
• Resilience - Ability to work well under pressure in dynamic environment
• Flexible and adaptable
• Influential, concise, rational and practical communicator
• Creative flair and innovative thinker
• Relationship management
• Discretion, judgment and high levels of trust