Field Service Technician - Cape Town
Division Medical Devices
Reporting to Regional Technical Service Manager: Western Cape
To ensure quality technical service provided to all Customers, in the quickest possible turnaround time. To support the Technical Service Manager and team with customer on site and in-house repairs, install, maintenance and operator training.
• Relevant technical/Clinical Degree/Diploma
• Proven troubleshooting logic and ability
• Good computer skills specifically MS Office essential
• Experience with Sales Force or similar CRM software
• 2 years minimum related experience as field service technician in the clinical diagnostics field with experience in chemistry, haematology and histology preferable
Key Job Outputs
• Service support – ensure quality service levels for technical and application support;
• Stock - Ensure correct levels of spares and literature are available to support products.
• Sales – provide sales leads to relative sales person
• Turnaround time – respond within company guidelined response times per customer on all incoming calls; adhere to 24- hour maximum repair time with exception where spares are required.
• Customer service – keep Customer informed at all times regarding the progress of repairs and service; preventative maintenance services to be scheduled for contract customers; adhere to 2 day maximum for in-house repairs provided spare availability; record keeping procedure to be followed
• Customer Base and Visits – plan visits or use available time when doing routine services within an area
• Admin – ensure all admin procedures are followed and deadlines are met; maintain call-centre list; follow-up and ensure relevant spares are ordered and received; complete job cards; maintain all CRM entries up to date
• Sales, Service relations – relationship between sales representatives and service department must be kept at highest level
• Team coordination – compile and maintain your call roster within the service team, preventative maintenance schedule and overtime report
• Training – scheduled training to be done for service technicians and customers; attend and present supplier training, assist in coordination of training schedule. Attend all registered factory led training and technical courses
• Working overtime as well as weekends – on occasion you will be required to work overtime as well as over weekends, as and when the company requires according to operational requirements.
• Standby and callouts – you will be required to work standby and attend after hour callouts on a rotational basis with the other members of the technical team.
• Innovation: The capacity to search for and initiate novel and inventive ideas, methods and approaches;
• Planning & Organising: Capacity to break down task into subtasks or sub-goals, to anticipate obstacles and evaluate alternatives, recognise gaps to be addressed;
• Networking / liaison: capacity to develop a wide network of business contacts and use influential people as agents to accomplish one’s own objectives;
• Integrity: ability to reflect acceptable levels of moral values and business ethics;
• Customer service orientation: willingness to anticipate, recognise and meet the needs of internal and external customers;
• Drive: a Self-starter and originator, maintains high levels of activity and produces a high level, high quality output;
• Attention to detail: with a specific focus on numeracy and figure accuracy
• Modelling: capacity to actively influence the commitment and loyalty of team members through personal action and endeavour
• Punctuality: be diligent in keeping appointments and meeting deadlines
• Relevant qalifications and experience
• Valid Code 8 South Africa Driver’s Licence
• Valid passport
• Own reliable transport which can be used on the job on a daily basis
• To travel regularly to go and see various clients, including travel within South Africa, and possiblely also international locations
• Over-night stays may be required
• Prior Sales Force or similar CRM software experience advantageous
The closing date for applications is COB on the 23 March 2020
Should you not have received a response from HR to your submission within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.