Half-Day HR Officer - Cape Town
The organisation is seeking to employ a Human Resources (HR) Officer for 5 mornings per week. The Human Resources Officer will oversee and guide the implementation of HR policies, procedures and practices to enable a safe and conducive work environment, the wellbeing of employees and organisational effectiveness.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensure the effective implementation, update and development of the SJC’s human resources policies, procedures and practices;
• Implement effective HR processes, policies and procedures to ensure operational excellence and continuous improvement;
• Ensure compliance with all relevant labour legislation including Employment Equity Act, BCEA, LRA & OHS Act;
• Implement and oversee HR records, systems and protocols. Includes assisting with staffing, recruitment, grievances, disciplinary matters,
payroll and salaries;
• Ensure that the best possible people are recruited and effectively inducted as required;
• Develop, implement and maintain a performance management system to ensure the effective management of all people within the organisation including up-to-date job descriptions and regular performance reviews;
• Develop and oversee the implementation of a training and development strategy and plan in line with organisational requirements.
Skills and Experience:
• A tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management;
• Sound knowledge of South African labour law and HR best practice;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent administration and organizational skills;
• Be able to work both independently and as part of a team;
• Excellent IT proficiency;
• Adaptable and flexible during pressurized times;
• Experience working with community organisations preferable;
• A commitment to social justice.
This is a part time position for 5 mornings a week. The successful applicant will be based at the organisation's office in Khayelitsha, Cape Town. It should be understood that the organisation is growing and evolving all the time. As such the scope of responsibilities may change and develop as the organisation continues to grow.
We are seeking to fill this position immediately.